May 21, 2013
Written by Sally Sanders
Thursday, 25 April 2013 00:00
* = Things to do with children.
Tablescapes 2013 A Garden Party, presented by the New Canaan Beautification League, Thur., April 25, 10-1, tablescapes showcase and casual tea, at Waveny House, New Canaan; adm. $25; info., newcanaanbeautification.org or 203-966-7575.
* Wilton Library’s Annual Gigantic Book Sale Fundraiser: , Sat., April 27, 7-9 a.m., Early Buying $15 adm. fee; Sat., 9-5, free adm.; Sun., April 28, 12-5; Mon., April 29, 10-5, books half-price; Tues., April 30, 10-2, $5/bag; more than 70,000 items, sorted into more than 50 categories; silent auction on Saturday and Sunday; 137 Old Ridgefield Rd., Wilton Center; 203-762-3950 or wiltonlibrary.org.
* Silvermine School of Art’s Art Materials & Equipment Tag Sale Fundraiser, Sat., April 27, 10-5; wide assortment of materials, books, tools; Silvermine School of Art Auditorium, 1037 Silvermine Rd., New Canaan; info., 203-966-6668 x2 or silvermineart.org.
* Westport Electric Vehicle Rally, Sat. April 27, reg. at 9 a.m. at the Eastbound Saugatuck Train Station; Time-Speed-Distance Rally, 40-mile event with est. 20 unique cars; “Pit Stop” at Fairfield Earth Day celebration at Warde High School, rally concluding events from 1 to 3 at the train station; info., westportelectriccarclub.com.
* Tilly Foster Farm Museum Spring Fling!, Sat., April 27, 10-3; sheep shearing, exhibits and demos., face painting, bounce house, pony rides and hay rides, music; sugg. $5 parking feee; 100 Rte. 312, Brewster, N.Y.; info., 845-363-6623 or tillyfosterfarm.org.
The Artisans’ Trunk Show, Sat., April 27, 10-5; jewelry, wooden objects, clothing, stationery, gingerbread designs, recycled-material clothing and accessories; in the Silvermine Galleries, 1037 Silvermine Rd., New Canaan; info., 203-966-9700 or silvermineart.org.
* Westport Mini Maker Faire, Sat., April 27, 10-4; family-friendly festival showcasing science, arts, engineering, technology, crafts and music; Westport Library, 20 Jesup Rd., 203-227-4177 or westportlibrary.org.
* 78th Annual Dogwood Festival, new earlier date, May 3-5, at the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, 1045 Old Academy Rd., Fairfield; Luncheon on Fri., 11:30-1:30, Art Show opening Fri., 10-5; 6th Annual Dogwood Dash, Sat., 8:30 a.m.; festival events 10-5; Blessing of the Animals Sun. at noon, festival events, 12-5; free adm., free shuttle bus from Dwight Elementary School, 1600 Redding Rd., Fairfield; info., greenfieldhillchurch.com.
Spring Crafts at Lyndhurst, Rte. 9, Tarrytown, N.Y., Fri., May 3, 10-5, Sat., May 4, 10-6, and Sun., May 5, 10-5; more than 275 exhibitors, food court, children’s activities; adm. $10/person, $9/srs., $4/children 6-16, free/under 6; info., artrider.com.
Jewelry Trunk Show, Fri.-Sat., May 3-4, 12-5; reception for the artisans, Fri., May 3, 5-7 p.m.; demo. by jeweler Valerie Hall, Sat., May 4, 1 p.m.; Mamaroneck Artists Guild, 126 Larchmont Ave., Larchmont, N.Y.; mamaroneckartistsguild.org or call 914-834-1117.
Northern Star Quilters Guild: A World of Quilts XXXIV, Sat., May 4, 10-5, and Sun., May 5, 10-4; John F. Kenney High School., Rte. 138, Somers, N.Y.; info., northernstarquilters.com/quiltshow/2013-quilt-show.
52nd Annual May Gardeners’ Market, Sat., May 4, 9-2, rain or shine, free adm.; Garden Education Center of Greenwich, 130 Bible St., Cos Cob; gecgreenwich.org or 203-869-9242.
Ridgefield Antiques Market, Sat., May 4, 10-5, on the grounds of the Ridgefield Community Center/Lounsbury House, 316 Main St.; Verbal Appraisals by Meredith Whipple, 11-3, $5/item; info., cordshows.com or 914-273-4667.
Spring Bake Sale, spon. by New Fairfield/Sherman Animal Welfare, Sat., May 4, 10-4; at the IGA on Rte. 39 in Sherman and at the Stop & Shop, Rte. 39, New Fairfield.
Mark Twain Library’s 18th Frog Frolic, Sat., May 4, 10-4, rain or shine; games, crafts, foods and rides; Redding Community Center, next to the Redding Elementary School, Lonetown Rd.
Spring Minks to Sinks Sale, Sat., May 4-Mon., May 6; Sat. opening 9 a.m.; Bargain Days, Sun., noon to 4, and Mon., 9 a.m.-noon; Consignments and Donations accepted Tues., April 30, 10-2, Wed., May 1, 10-2 and 4-6 and Thur., May 2, 10-2; intersection of School Road and Route 7, Wilton; info., minkstosinks.info.
Spring Open Studios, Sat., May 4, 10-5, and Sun., May 5, 11-6, paintings, ceramics, quilts, etc.; at the American Fabric Arts building, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Bridgeport; info., amfabarts.com or call 203-685-5986.
Darien Boy Scouts Tag Sale, Sun., May 5, 8:30-4 at the Scout Cabin, 140 West Ave., Darien; info., darienscouts.org or 203-656-1830 x3.
2013 Wilton Go Green Festival, Sun., May 5, 11-4, Wilton Center between the Town Green and the Wilton Library; exhibits, music by Arthur Lipner and Wilton Steel; plant sale, crafts for sale, children’s activities, energy-conservation information, electric and hybrid vehicles; info., wiltongogreen.org.
Lockwod-Mathews Mansion Museum Victorian Tea, Sun., May 5, 2 p.m., with formal English teacatered by Carol Timpanelli of Royal Tea Company; music by Phoebe Costello; tickets $45; 295 West Ave., Norwalk; info., lockwoodmathewsmansion.com or 203-838-9799.
New Canaan Cares’ Kitchen and Home Tour, Thur., May 9, 10-3; eight homes, with a variety of vendors at the tour boutique; tour tickets $60, patron tickets start at $100; boxed lunches may be reserved until May7, $15 each online; newcanaancares.org.
Darien Community Association Plan Sale, Thur., May 9, 6-8 p.m. and Fri., May 10, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; at the DCA, 274 Middlesex Rd.; info., 203-655-9050 or dariendca.org.
Ballard Greenhouse Plant Sale, Fri.-Sat., May 10 and 11, 8:30-2; perennials and annuals for sun and shade, hanging baskets, herbs, vegetable plants; boutique; Diggings and Donations from members of the Ridgefield and Caudatowa garden clubs; behind Ballard Park, off Main St., Ridgefield; info., 203-438-5816 or caudatowa.com.
Wilton Garden Club Plant Sale, Fri., May 10, noon to 7, and Saturday, 9 to noon; at the gazebo on the Green in Wilton Center.
Redding Garden Club’s Plant Sale, Sat., May 11, 9-1; unusual annuals, perennials, herbs and vegetables; member-grown plants; Second Hand Rose tag sale, tools and gardeing aids, Mother’s Day baskets; on the Town Green, Rte. 107, Redding center.
Norwalk Regional Tree Festival, Sat., May 11, environmental exhibits, tree care demos., food avail.; in Cranbury Park; free adm.; info., 203-854-3200.
Winter Farmers Market at the Norfield Grange, Sat., Dec. 1-May 4, 10-2; seasonal produce and herbs, jams, jellies, cheese, yogurt, eggs, beef and pork, poultry, seafood, baked goods, live plants, soaps, gifts, crafts; 12 Goodhill Rd., Weston; info., 203-226-8233.
Farmers’ Market, Sat. 9-1; Gossett’s Nursery, 1202 Old Post Rd. (Rte. 35), South Salem, N.Y., 914-763-3001.
Sunday Farmers’/Bakers’ Market and 2nd Sunday Antiques Market, at Antiques & Tools of Business & Kitchen, 11-4; 65 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge, N.Y.; 914-764-0015 or 5122.
|< Prev||Next >|